Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Random thoughts

I was going to blog about all kinds of great stuff today but really don't have anything great and wise to discuss. Instead, I have several random thoughts that have popped in my head today.

  1. I hate it when people stand too close to me. Seriously, I have a space bubble and this older lady was all up in my bubble standing in line at T.J.Maxx. I was waiting in line to pay when she walked up behind me. She was very close to my bubble but not yet in it. Still, that is too close for a stranger so I took a little step forward. SHE DID TOO. I was getting a little irritated so I took another little step forward and SHE DID TOO. I looked around thinking that maybe I was on that show "what would you do". Nope, no camera's. I took another step this time turning to the side so she was beside me instead of behind me. HAHA, I outsmarted you, you close standing, bubble invading lady. I was a little smug a little too soon. She took another step acting like she was looking at something on the shelf then ended up behind me AGAIN in my space. My mind was racing as was my heart. What should I do? Should I tell her to step back? Should I take yet another step forward? Should I .... SCORE, my turn in the checkout lane. Whew, saved by the quick sales clerk.
  2. I wish I was a singer. I was driving down Nicholasville Road today singing to a Katy Perry song when I thought, dang, with the radio up loud and the traffic all around, I sound pretty good. HA! I don't care if I totally stink and can't carry a tune in a tin can, I seriously love to sing. I am so blessed to have a job that allows me to sing whenever I want and I always have an audience. I'm so glad they are only 3 and 4 and don't really understand tone, pitch and being in tune. They just love to sing with me. I'm thinking about getting a Karaoke machine for the boys for Christmas but secretly it is really a gift for me! I can't wait!! I think Harrison will LOVE it. He loves singing as much as I do. I have a hysterical video of him singing that I will post IF I can figure out how.
Maybe I will have some wise, insightful or even witty things to say tomorrow or later in the week.

Krista

2 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Too funny Krista! I will try not to invade your bubble space! I think you sing very nice...sing away! :)

Krista said...

Step back, Sista!! haha.